A better half to historical Education provides a sequence of essays from major experts within the box that signify the main up to date scholarship when it comes to the increase and unfold of academic practices and theories within the historical Greek and Roman worlds.
• displays the newest study findings and offers new old syntheses of the increase, unfold, and reasons of old schooling in historic Greece and Rome
• deals finished assurance of the most classes, crises, and advancements of old schooling in addition to old sketches of varied academic tools and the diffusion of schooling in the course of the old international
• Covers either liberal and intolerant (non-elite) schooling in the course of antiquity
• Addresses the fabric perform and fabric realities of schooling, and the first thinkers in the course of antiquity via to overdue antiquity
Read Online or Download A Companion to Ancient Education (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best education books
Distributed Artificial Intelligence Meets Machine Learning Learning in Multi-Agent Environments: ECAI'96 Workshop LDAIS Budapest, Hungary, August 13, 1996 ICMAS'96 Workshop LIOME Kyoto, Japan, December 10, 1996 Selected Papers
The complexity of platforms studied in dispensed synthetic intelligence (DAI), resembling multi-agent platforms, usually makes it tremendous tricky or perhaps most unlikely to properly and entirely specify their behavioral repertoires and dynamics. there's large contract that such structures will be outfitted being able to research for you to increase their destiny functionality autonomously.
Initially released in 1993, "The Generals" has got resounding compliment for its relevance, intensity, and scholarship. an in depth account of Canada's army at a very important time in historical past, the ebook specializes in the personalities, politics and pressures that outline Canada's involvement in WW2. it's the in basic terms ebook of its style in this topic and continues to be a useful source for lecturers, coverage makers and somebody drawn to Canada's army background.
Participatory techniques that contain neighborhood groups of their personal improvement have won vast aid between overseas donors during the last quarter-century and became more and more vital within the paintings of the area financial institution. group participation is an method of improvement that may be used with any financial institution lending device and throughout sectors.
- Patentschutz und Stammzellforschung: Internationale und rechtsvergleichende Aspekte
- The International Self: Psychoanalysis And The Search For Israeli-Palestinian Peace (S U N Y Series in Israeli Studies)
- Developing Employee Capital. Setting the Stage for Life-long Learning
- Fundamentalism, Sectarianism, and Revolution - The Jacobin Dimension of Modernity
- Rapid Learning In Robotics
- Acoustic Phonetics (1999,2000) (Current Studies in Linguistics)
Additional info for A Companion to Ancient Education (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
G. , 2010). The notion of learning from life in a broader sense is not so widely established in higher education. Initially the term lifewide learning referred to informal and incidental learning in community and adult education settings. g. Butin, 2005; Barnett, 2011; Jackson, 2011). Student populations are increasingly diverse in terms of age, prior experience, cultural and socioeconomic factors. Many students work or juggle family needs. J. Higgs et al. ), Realising Exemplary Practice-Based Education, 33–42.
Kemmis, S. (2005). Knowing practice: Search for saliences. Pedagogy, Culture and Society, 13(3), 391426. Kolb, D. A. (1984). Experiential learning: Experience as the source of learning and development. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. , & Wenger, E. (1991). Situated learning: Legitimate peripheral participation. Cambridge, New York: Cambridge University Press. Matusov, E. (1998). When solo activity is not privileged: Participation and internalization models of development. Human Development, 41, 326-349.
Journal of Information Science, 31, 527-540. Cox, K. (1988). What is included in clinical competence? The Medical Journal of Australia, 148(4), 2527. Daley, J. D. (2001). Learning and professional practice: A study of four professions. Adult Education Quarterly, 52(1), 39-54. Durie, M. (2004). Understanding health and illness: Research at the interface between science and indigenous knowledge. International Journal of Epidemiology, 33, 1138-1143. Engestrom, Y. (1987). Learning by expanding. Helsinki: Orienta-Konsultit.